Help define the next iteration of WildWorks distributed game server architecture.
Perform migrations to and from cloud services to bare metal infrastructures.
Monitor and respond to alerts/outages in a 24/7 on call rotation.
Maintain and improve system monitoring and availability.
Perform software deployments as needed.
- AWS experience, including but not limited to EC2, S3, CloudFront, ELB
- Experience configuring and tuning LVM volumes
- Experience with Kernel and network based tuning for performance and stability
- Experience with DNS fundamentals
- Systems knowledge within the Linux ecosystem
- Experience with Nginx and Apache webserver technologies
- Grasp of fundamental networking principles, specifically TCP/IP
- Experience with Chef, Ansible, or similar orchestration tools
Bonus points if you have familiarity with:
- Node.JS, MySQL, Git, GitHub, Android, Ruby, Rails, Java, C#
Competitive salary plus profit sharing. Phenomenal health coverage, 401K, paid time off, occasionally work from home, free drinks, snacks, paid travel to industry conferences, company-sponsored family dinner events, and a lot more.
A brilliant team working on an array of new mobile ventures that you have the opportunity to create and shape. The stability and confidence of a privately-owned 10-year-old company who owns the intellectual property and self-determines the direction of its most popular hit children's game.
All the hardware/software/equipment you need, customized however you like.
A creative work environment.
>>> APPLY HERE <<<
Daily Responsiblities Include:
- Build and maintain web applications using Ruby on Rails and other open-source platforms and technologies
- Collaborate with different teams to successfully build and publish websites
- Ability to work independently as well as leveraging the contributions of others
- Use source code management to track changes, create branches, and merge patches between stable and release branches
- Participate in all stages of software development -from early brainstorming to coding and bug fixing
- Write excellent code and associated tests
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby.
- Professional experience with debugging, profiling, and tuning Rails for performance.
- 2+ years of experience with SQL.
>>> APPLY HERE <<<
WildWorks is looking for an exceptional Animator to join our team as we constantly improve and build our kids property, Animal Jam. The ideal candidate should have an overall passion for animation and demonstrate a strong understanding of the principles of animation. The ability to accept and give constructive feedback is a must as we constantly seek to improve our craft and team. Experience with some rigging and Mel scripting is highly beneficial. Ideally this job is 70% animation and 30% technical.
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Strong understanding of Maya
- Ability to problem solve issues within a production pipeline
- Strong ability to animate a variety of characters and props
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Willingness to help others improve
- Experience working with game engines
- Able to storyboard ideas clearly
- Strong understanding of timing with varying frame rate animations
- Basic knowledge of rendering within Maya
- Creative thinking in developing unique and fun animations and stories
Beneficial skills to have although not Required
- Intermediate ability in Rigging and Mel scripting are a plus
- Experience working in Unity
- Produce animations for in game characters and props
- Produce high quality short cinematic animations for promotional use
- Render assets as needed and required by game specifications
- Help the development of fellow animators by giving constructive and insightful feedback and critiques
- Create thumbnails and Storyboards for short cinematics
Other Responsibilities may include
- Rigging of characters and props
- Maintenance and creation of Mel scripts in the 3d pipeline
>>> APPLY HERE <<<
The WildWorks marketing and licensing team is responsible for the global promotion of the massively popular social network for kids, Animal Jam, created in partnership with National Geographic. Aside from traditional media such as print, television, out of home, PR, events, and digital – we also focus on content driven initiatives, strategic partnerships, merchandising, and more.
As both the product and our team continues to grow, we are in need of an experienced Project Manager to oversee and direct multiple projects at a time, ensuring that these projects are scoped appropriately, tasked based on available resources, and delivered on-time. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Project Manager will work with all members of the marketing and licensing team, marketing contractors, and on occasion, other teams within the WildWorks studio. A successful Project Manager would be able to communicate effectively with the group about projects, task assignments, and potential issues so that the team is working as efficiently as possible.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the marketing team to identify the scope of work, deliverables, schedule, and needed tools to deliver the project within the established constraints
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Develop, implement, and maintain project management processes, systems, and tools to support project planning and implementation
- Work as central point of contact for all concerned parties on plans and needs to complete projects on time
- Schedule and facilitate project-related team meetings (kick-offs, status, reviews, etc), communicate action items to team, and report on status of projects to key stakeholders.
- Manage, archive, and distribute documents and creative assets for team members as necessary to ensure timely coordination, approval, and production
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of experience in project management
- Experience managing creative processes
- Demonstrated strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent written/verbal, time management and quantitative/analytical skills required
- Strong strategic thinking combined with great execution
- Superior leadership qualities, with a strong track-record of increasing responsibility
- Strong project management skills, including supervising multiple projects simultaneously
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with tight deadlines and multiple priorities.
- Ability to work independently within a rigorous deadline schedule
- Excellent attention to detail
>>> APPLY HERE <<<