For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
ChAIR, an Epic Games studio, is looking for a Systems Designer to join our team currently working on SpyJinx ( www.spyjinx.com ). In this role you will have a hand in creating systems such as skills systems, class design, combat systems, and building systems. You will be responsible for the general balance, rules, interface, etc. of these systems and will play an integral role in defining the outcome of the project.
The person in this role will be responsible for:
- Own complex game system(s) and shepherd them through the process including skills, class design, combat, and building systems
- Responsible for general design, balance, rules, interface, etc.
- Play an integral role in designing the outcome of the project
- Integrate on a complete game system and know when it’s time to take out of pre-production into production and polish
- Use few resources to be a self-starter that can deliver results that are scaled to the resource pool
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Passion for games and systems design
- Ability to work well within a highly collaborative team environment
- Strong desire to work with the biggest data sets possible
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- 5+ years in a design role, preferably systems design
- Demonstrated experience with advancement, itemization, and progression based systems
- Experience developing best practices on building scalable and maintainable systems while being comfortable educating others as to their value
If you’d like to be part of building a exciting new game we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume with a portfolio and we’ll be in touch soon. Apply here.
This is going to be Epic!